Data Protection and GDPR Training Courses
Professional Certification Courses
BCS Foundation Certificate in Data Protection (CDP)
Our BCS certified 3 day data protection (DP) training course is aimed at providing you with a sound grounding and practical interpretation of the key elements of UK data protection law, including the GDPR and the UK Data Protection Act 2018. By attending URM’s CDP Course, you will benefit from:
- Being fully prepared to take and pass the BCS administered 60 minute multi-choice examination and thus gain a recognised qualification in data protection. URM has a 12 year track record delivering data protection training and all courses are led by experienced and practising DP practitioners.
- Understanding the key changes that the GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018 bring to UK data protection legislation
- Understanding the increased obligations faced by data controllers and data processors, including maintaining effective records of data processing, notifying the ICO of any breaches, conducting data protection impact assessments, appointing data protection officers etc etc.
- Understanding the new rights available to data subjects (including access, rectification, to be forgotten, portability etc.) and the implications of these rights
- Being able to better support your organisation in meeting the requirements of the GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018.
Delivered as both a public schedule and closed, on-site course.
1 day Understanding and Preparing for EU GDPR
The 1 day course provides you with a comprehensive outline of the requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). You will gain an understanding of all the key requirements and a clear understanding of what steps your organisation needs to follow to achieve compliance.
Delivered as an on-site course.
Full course outline
In addition to our training services, we offer a full Consulting Support service to help you in the areas of Data Protection, Information Security, PCI and Business Continuity. Our consulting staff can help you with your project, offer support or run an entire project for you.