URM Consulting (T/A 1st Training @ URM) is one of the UK's most trusted training providers in the areas of information security and governance, business continuity, risk management data protection and software asset management. We can offer both classroom based training courses and e-Learning Management Solutions (using in-house developed Alurna product).
Classroom based courses are split into 2 general types
1. Professional Certificate Courses
These courses have all been accredited by independent certification bodies (BCS*, IISP and as part of the GCHQ Certified Training Scheme) where you attend a 3 or 5 day residential course and sit an independently administered exam. By passing the exam, you will be awarded a certificate. Courses are ideal for not only developing your skills but also being able to demonstrate your competence:
- 5 day Certificate in Information Security Management Principles (BCS, IISP, GCT)
- 5 day Practitioner Certificate in Information Risk Management (BCS, IISP GCT)
- 5 day Practitioner Certificate in Business Continuity Management (BCS, IISP)
- 5 day Practitioner Certificate in Information Security Auditing (IISP)
- 3 day Foundation Certificate in Data Protection (BCS)
- 3 day Certificate in Software Asset Management Essentials (BCS)
- 3 day Certificate in Implementing ISO 27001 (GCT)
* URM is not only a BCS accredited training organisation for the above courses, but is one of only a small number of organisations to be accredited as a Gold Partner (highest level of attainment) as part of the BCS Partner Programme. Its Gold Partner status reflects URM’s:
- Unrivalled 12 year track record of consistently delivering training courses of the highest quality in the areas of information security, business continuity and risk management
- Depth and quality of knowledge and practical experience of trainers in the above subject matter areas
- Contribution to BCS product development and training syllabi
- Commitment to developing skills and knowledge in the wider IT community
2. Non-certificate Courses
These courses are typically 1 or 2 days in length, are non-residential and provide awareness and introductions to a range of topics, including ISO 27001 and ISO 22301 implementation and auditing, and data protection. These courses are typically closed on-site courses with course content tailored to an organisation’s requirements.
Our courses are all delivered by experienced practitioners, so you will not only learn the best practice theory, but also pragmatic advice on real world implementation. The goal of our professional certificate courses is not only to prepare you to pass the end of course exam, but to return to your organisation and make a significant contribution to your relevant practice area. Our professional certificate courses are all residential and trainers are available outside of training hours for further discussion or questions.
One area where we continue to get positive feedback is in the support we provide outside of the classroom. The training administration team will do everything in their powers to ensure your experience from initial enquiry, booking, accommodating any special requirements, through to attending the course, is as smooth and straightforward as possible. URM’s Training Manager attends the first day of each of the professional certificate courses and is available to address any non-training related queries.
We go to great lengths to ensure that the whole training experience is as positive as possible and the selection of venues is a key ingredient. All training venues have been selected for providing an ideal, distraction free learning environment, both within and outside of the classroom. Refreshments and snacks are available throughout the day to ensure you remain hydrated and energised! Hot and cold buffet selections are provided for lunch and, for those opting to stay onsite, you can enjoy a 3 course dinner in the evening. All accommodation is onsite with comfortable, en suite bedrooms.
As with all URM’s services, we work on a continuous improvement model. Every course concludes with delegates completing a feedback form which addresses all aspects of the training experience from training material, trainer, visual aids, administration and venue. The feedback forms are carefully reviewed, along with trainer feedback and selective delegate interviews to identify how training can be incrementally improved.