With an ever-increasing focus on the protection of personal data, changes in legislation and regulations and with punitive actions for breaches, organisations of all sizes and from all sectors need to have internal resource who understand data protection and what needs to be done to comply with the relevant legislation. In line with the BCS syllabus, URM is pleased to announce the release of an exciting new data protection training course and certificate.
The BCS Foundation Certificate in Data Protection is aimed at delegates who wish to gain a sound grounding and practical interpretation of the key elements of the Data Protection Act (DPA) and related legislation. A key focus of URM’s course will be on providing clear and unambiguous guidance on key DPA topics such as:
• The interrelationship with other legislation and regulations
• Interpreting the eight principles
• What constitutes ‘gaining consent’
• When personal data can be disclosed
• Ensuring the use of data processors is legal
URM course delegates will also be provided with the latest update on EU Data Protection Regulation Changes
By obtaining the Foundation Certificate, individuals will:
• Hold a recognised qualification in data protection
• Appreciate how the DPA and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) and Regulations 2003 work
• Understand both individual and organisational DPA responsibilities
• Be better placed to manage and handle customer and employee data in compliance with the DPA.
Who Should Attend?
This course benefits anybody who has responsibility for ensuring that their organisation or part of the organisation complies with the DPA e.g. those working in Data Protection and Privacy, Information Governance, Project Management, Legal, Marketing, IT Security or Human Resources.
NB This is a foundation level course and candidates will not need to have prior knowledge of data protection law (although it would be advantageous).
URM’s trainers have a vast experience of all aspects of data protection compliance. Each trainer has spent a considerable number of years working in both the user community and external consultancies delivering successful DP projects.
Practical exercises and scenarios are used to help interpret some of the more challenging aspects of the DPA. Delegates will be provided with all the knowledge and practical anecdotal information necessary to pass the 1-hour multi-choice exam scheduled at the end of the 3-day course.
For more details please contact Sarah Richards on 0118 9027 453, or visit here